Central Massachusetts Podiatry
Podiatrists located in Worcester, MA & Westborough, MA
If you are in the Central Massachusetts area and require podiatric surgery, you have come to the right place. Although surgery can be intimidating, podiatrists Drs. Feldman, Saviet and Pelto are uniquely skilled at performing podiatric surgery. Plus, our staff in Worcester, and Westborough, MA is happy to answer all your questions and ease your concerns.
Podiatric Surgery Q & A
Why would I need podiatric surgery?
Podiatry surgery involves the invasive, surgical treatment of conditions relating to the foot, ankle, and associated structures of the leg. Drs. Feldman, Saviet and Pelto have many years of combined experience performing podiatric surgery in the Central Massachusetts area.
If your podiatrist has recommended that you undergo surgery, it is likely that you have tried a range of non-invasive treatments with little to no success. Many conditions of the foot and ankle simply do not respond to more conservative treatments, requiring more aggressive treatment in order to reduce pain, realign structural issues, or remove deformities.
What kinds of podiatric surgery do you offer?
At Central Massachusetts Podiatry, our podiatrists are competent at conducting a selection of podiatric surgeries, including:
- Bunion surgery: An incision is made at the top or side of the big toe. Bone and soft tissue are removed in order to realign the joint and return it to normal function.
- Hammertoe surgery: Surgical intervention may require that a portion of the bone be removed or that that the toe joint be fused.
- Heel surgery: Bone spur is removed, or the fascia is released from the heel bone to ease discomfort.
- Fractures: Broken bones in the foot are reset or realigned in order to prevent long-term problems due to delayed healing or severe injuries.
- Diabetic foot surgery: Foot deformities are corrected in the diabetic patient in order to prevent neuropathy, vascular or circulatory disease. Ulcerations or bone infections may also be treated surgically.
- Arthritis: Surgery dependent on the type of arthritic condition, severity, and affected joint(s). Joints may be reconstructed, fused, or completely replaced, if necessary.
- Nail surgery: Toenail deformities, such as ingrown toenails, are treated by remodeling the toenail to fight infection and relieve pain.
- Skin lesions: Surgery is usually performed to remove lesions associated with skin cancer.
- Arthroscopy: small incisions are made to allow instruments and cameras to be used to perform surgery within joints
- Flatfoot surgery: Surgical interventions are sometimes required to correct severely flat feet with bone cuts/grafting, joint fusions and soft tissue procedures.
How do I prepare for podiatric surgery?
Before you undergo podiatric surgery, your doctor will conduct an array of tests or examinations to determine the extent of the problem and to verify the necessity of surgical intervention. You will want to discuss any preexisting medical conditions, allergies, and relevant family history with your doctor to ensure positive outcomes of surgery. Call the office if you have any questions pertaining to preoperative podiatry surgery care.
Insurances We Accept:
We participate with most local and many national insurance plans. However, it is your responsibility to understand whether your insurance has limits on the doctors you can see or the services you can receive. If you provide complete and accurate information about your insurance, we will submit claims to your insurance carrier and receive payments for services. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance, or other deductible amounts. Please contact our billing office or call your insurance carrier should you have any questions.
Words from our patients
"I have found my Podiatrist for life and would highly recommend Donald Pelto to those seeking a Podiatrist."
No waiting. Quick xrays. Courteous staff. Full explanations of results.
Office was very professional, answered all questions and I was taken right in with no waiting for appointment
Staff have always been welcoming , accommodating and professional.